Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Phishing The Web

A few months ago back in December several of my websites had been attacked by some Iranian hackers called the Black Mafia. I wasn't really sure how they had accomplished this. But my web administrator said that it may have been hacked through my file upload service that I provided to users. 

What they ended up doing is changing all the index.html pages to a page that said "this site has been hacked by the Black Mafia." On top of changing the main pages of about 4 websites they also setup shop with three Phishing websites that were designed to be used to gather bank information. These phishing websites consisted of a fake Wells Fargo, Bank Of America, Washington Mutual login pages. Where a user would get an email saying that need to update their page information. They would click on the email link and it would send them to these websites that were illegally on my web space. 

I was so anger and wanted to find ways of fighting back against these idiots that call themselves hackers. Looking on digg.com I found lots of people that felt the same way. Some of them started their own anti-spam, anti-phishing websites to alert users of the scum of the web. But a lot of the anti-websites are getting attacked as well by denial of service attacks against them. 

The question I have is what can the "user" do to attack spammers phishing?




Sources:




No comments: